Connaught Army and Navy Chapter
3rd Fri March, 3rd Tues Oct. (E)
Date of Warrant, 21st May, 1914. Centenary Warrant. Originally a Military Chapter founded by serving and Past Officers based in Aldershot who were members of the Aldershot Army & Navy Lodge No 1971, Connaught Royal Arch Chapter No 1971, Army & Navy Mark Lodge No 349, and Connaught Preceptory and Priory No 172 as well as several other lodges, chapters etc. Originally named The Connaught Chapter and placed under the jurisdiction the Southern District (Hampshire). The Chapter was renamed the Connaught Army & Navy Chapter in 1922 and transferred to London formally in 1939. The last major point of history to be mentioned is the petition put forward to form a daughter chapter denominated the Army & Navy Chapter No 260 which was consecrated on 17th December 1926 and the histories of the two Chapters became inextricably bound together until 260 went into Abeyance from March 1949 until it was reconstituted on 27th February 2007. Membership is open to all Brethren. Current membership 24. Dining venue: Mark Masons’ Hall.